All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionMabel Lang's long career as a scholar and teacher has given her a unique perspective on one of the most important authors in western literature. Thucydidean Narrative and Discourse brings together several of her most thoughtful papers on figures and issues including the 400, Cleon, and Alcibiades, and joins them with new material on narrative technique. The assembled papers are an important complement to Professor Lang's pathbreaking study of Herodotean narrative. Together with introductory essays by the volume's editors, these papers will enable students of historiography in general to obtain a better understanding of how Thucydides engaged his audience. Although they were written over many years, the papers share a consistency of insight that makes them continually relevant to all who endeavor to understand the literary art of Thucydides.
- Author BiographyJeffrey S. Rusten is Professor of Classics at Cornell University. Richard Hamilton is Paul Shorey Professor Emeritus of Greek at Bryn Mawr College.
- Author(s)E. Dickey,Mabel L. Lang
- PublisherMichigan Classical Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2010
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleCultural Legacies
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichigan Classical Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEleanor Dickey,Jeffrey S. Rusten,Richard Hamilton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.