All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Andrew's family moves house, he strikes up an unexpected friendship with his neighbour Victor. There isn't a thing Victor doesn't kw about the RAF planes flying overhead and the two boys are soon busy tracking their movements. Then Andrew discovers that Victor's beloved Lightnings are due to be scrapped...Thunder and Lightnings won the Carnegie Medal in 1976.
- Author BiographyJan Mark was born in Welwyn, Hertfordshire in 1943. She grew up in North London and Kent. She was educated at the Ashford County Grammar School and the Canterbury College of Art. She became a teacher at a North Kent secondary school and started writing in 1974. In the early 1980s Jan became Writer in Residence in the education department of the Oxford Polytechnic, now called Oxford Brookes University, and went on to write over 50 novels, plays and short stories. She is best known for her children's books and won the Carnegie Medal in 1976 for Thunder and Lightnings and for Handles in 1983. She died in 2006.
- Author(s)Jan Mark
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleA Puffin Book
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $12.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.