All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the essential one-stop guide for parents of children and young people with tic disorders and the professionals who work with them. Drawing on current research and their own clinical experience, the authors provide up-to-date information on tic disorders and review the psychological, medical and alternative methods of managing symptoms. Written in clear, accessible language and with practical advice on how to support children with tics at home and in school, the book also includes essential information on the common co-occurring conditions and difficulties, such as ADHD, anxiety, OCD, autism, self-esteem issues and behavioural difficulties.
- Author BiographyUttom Chowdhury is a Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at CAMHS Dunstable and a Visiting Professor in the Department of Applied Social Studies at the University of Bedfordshire. He is co-author of Why Do You Do That?: A Book about Tourette Syndrome for Children and Young People, also published by JKP, and is based in London, UK. Tara Murphy is Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Paediatric Neuropsychologist at the Tic Disorder Clinic at Great Ormond Street Hospital. She has worked with children with tics and Tourette's for over twelve years and has published research and European guidelines on tic disorders. She is based in London, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Tara Murphy,Uttom Chowdhury
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note18 b&w diagrams and illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword bySuzanne Dobson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.