All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter her parents' deaths and the recession force her out of her home in 1873, Jenny Dousmann heads for the Wild West. She kws that if she can find her brother, Otto, a Civil War veteran, he'll take care of her. When they finally reunite, Jenny is surprised to find that Otto has been working as a buffalo hunter and is struggling even to support himself. The number of hunters in the West has increased rapidly, and buffalo has become scarce. To make matters worse, the whites and the native Indians are constantly at war, putting everyone in the area in danger. Their first winter alone in the West is devastating: Jenny is raped by two US soldiers passing through the area, while Otto is crippled during a blizzard. They are discovered, near death, by a member of a nearby Cheyenne tribe. Two Shields is an Indian buffalo skinner, and he vows to keep them safe. To do so, Two Shields asks them to become members of his tribe. He promises to teach them how to hunt like his people and to live simply on the land. Jenny and Otto must decide if they should continue to depend on only each other or if they should put their lives in the hands of a man who is supposed to be their enemy. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction that takes place in the old West. Westerns--books about outlaws, sheriffs, chiefs and warriors, cowboys and Indians--are a genre in which we publish regularly. Our list includes international bestselling authors like Zane Gray and Louis L'Amour, and many more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyRobert F. Jones was a novelist, contributing editor to Men's Journal, and writer for Sports Illustrated and Field & Stream. In addition to Blood Sport, he authored multiple other works of fiction and nonfiction, among them the award-winning Jake and Upland Passage. He spent much of his life in western Vermont.
- Author(s)Robert F. Jones
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight342 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $95.16
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.