All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $174.65
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.67Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionThird Sister in the Tao family, Ailin has watched her two older sisters go through the painful process of having their feet bound. In China in 1911, all the women of good families follow this ancient tradition. But Ailin loves to run away from her governess and play games with her male cousins. Kwing she will never run again once her feet are bound, Ailin rebels and refuses to follow this torturous tradition. As a result, however, the family of her intended husband breaks their marriage agreement. And as she enters adolescence, Ailin finds that her family is longer willing to support her. Chinese society leaves few options for a single woman of good family, but with a bold conviction and an indomitable spirit, Ailin is determined to forge her own destiny. Her story is a tribute to all those women whose courage created new options for the generations who came after them.
- Author BiographyLensey Namioka is the author of <i>Yang the Youngest and His Terrible Ear</i> and <i>Yang the Third and Her Impossible Family</i>.
- Author(s)Lensey Namioka
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2001
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam USA
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Weight85 g
- Width105 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Interest Age12+
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.