All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn this compelling and lucid account based on years of research and first-hand experience, rooted in on-the-ground reporting, interviews, observations, analysis of data and a viewpoint that sees the country from the inside out, Jonathan Fenby links the myriad features of today's rapidly evolving China. Fast-moving, informed, and illuminating (The Guardian), Tiger Head, Snake Tails brilliantly demonstrates that the binary approach so often applied to China -- the country is either good or bad, set to reach the stars or collapse in chaos -- often boils down to the prejudices of its authors. By seeing China as a whole -- especially its history and involvement with the West -- and connecting the dots, Jonathan Fenby intelligently looks into its future, both internally and in its impact on the rest of the world.
- Author BiographyJonathan Fenby is a former editor of the Observer and of the South China Morning Post. He is the author of such books as the acclaimed The Penguin History of China, On the Brink, and Generalissimo: Chiang Kai-Shek and the China He Lost.
- Author(s)Jonathan Fenby
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, graphs
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.