CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.48
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionA young PhD graduate enjoys a celebratory dinner with his professor before he starts work as a scientist at the English division of an American armaments company. During the meal he is made a startling and lucrative offer to spy for British Intelligence in his new job. Rashly he accepts, as the money and excitement are too strong to resist. Soon he meets and falls in love with a beautiful, American mathematician and together they become embroiled in dangerous situations that are never quite what they seem. Their love story becomes inexorably entangled with industrial and political espionage, secret service operations and the stability of world markets as events take them back and forth across the Atlantic.
- Author BiographyAfter serving as an apprentice radio engineer, Raymond Steele won a state scholarship to King's College, University of Durham, to read Electrical Engineering. A series of industrial posts ensued, followed by lectureships at the Royal Naval College at Greenwich and at Loughborough University. Success at research took him to Bell Laboratories in the USA. On his return to the UK he became Professor at the University of Southampton and the founder of a research wireless technology company. He has written a number of scientific books and many research papers. Along the way he attained two doctorates, became a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, and a Fellow of the American Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. His first novel, The Family Line, was published in 2009, and this is his second novel. Raymond Steele has two daughters, Lorna and Susan, and lives with his partner, Therese Kenny. His hobbies are oil painting, writing, gardening and ballroom dancing.
- Author(s)Raymond Steele
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.