All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA timeless fable about unity and breaking down barriers, from four-time Caldecott Hor-winner Leo Lionni. All her life Tillie the mouse has wondered what lies on the other side of the wall. Imagining all sorts of fantastic possibilities, she digs a tunnel to get to the other side, where she discovers . . . other mice, just like her! Together, Tillie and her friends work to bring down the wall and unite mouse-kind. Written just before the fall of the Berlin wall, this seemingly simple fable has a powerful message for all children--and all people.
- Author BiographyLeo Lionni, an internationally known designer, illustrator, and graphic artist, was born in Holland and lived in Italy until he came to the United States in 1939. He was the recipient of the 1984 American Institute of Graphic Arts Gold Medal and was honored posthumously in 2007 with the Society of Illustrators' Lifetime Achievement Award. His picture books are distinguished by their enduring moral themes, graphic simplicity and brilliant use of collage, and include four Caldecott Honor Books: Inch by Inch, Frederick, Swimmy, and Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse. Hailed as -a master of the simple fable- by the Chicago Tribune, he died in 1999 at the age of 89.
- Author(s)Leo Lionni
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleA Borzoi book
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf
- Out-of-print date06/12/2011
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width234 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.