Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $35.01
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThe cultures of the Spanish baroque and our own postmodern era are closer than they might appear. Tilting Cervantes examines a number of contemporary cultural texts - from Fight Club and Toy Story to The Matrix and The Moor's Last Sigh - by reflecting them against a cluster of early modern Spanish literary works, principally Miguel de Cervantes' Don Quixote . Through this series of cross-cultural, cross-epochal comparisons this book explores the ways in which each of these disparate texts illuminates its counterpart through a parallel critical reflection.
- Author(s)Bruce R. Burningham
- PublisherVanderbilt University Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationTennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVanderbilt University Press
- Content Note24 movie stills, index
- Weight522 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.