All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBored with his schoolwork, Tim is longing to be at sea again, following his adventures in Little Tim and the Brave Sea Captain. Luckily, his great friend Captain McFee appears in time for ather voyage! On board ship, Tim befriends Ginger, the first ship's boy. Unfortunately, mischievous Ginger will need all of Tim's resourcefulness to get out of his next scrape...Little Tim's adventures at sea have delighted generations of children ever since the first book was published in 1936. Edward Ardizzone, who illustrated over 170 books in his lifetime, received the prestigious Kate Greenaway medal for Tim All Alone in 1956.
- Author BiographyEdward Ardizzone was the eldest of five children. In 1905 his family moved to Ipswich, where he learnt to know and love the little coastal steamers that he was to draw so often in the Little Tim books. Illustrator of more than 170 much-loved children's books, Edward Ardizzone was awarded the Kate Greenaway Medal in 1956 and the CBE in 1971. He died in 1979. Comedian, actor and writer Stephen Fry was born in 1957 in London and brought up in Norfolk. He attended Queen's College Cambridge from 1979, joining the Cambridge Footlights Dramatic Club where he met Hugh Laurie, with whom he forged a highly successful creative partnership. He also trod the boards with the likes of Emma Thompson and Tony Slattery in the Footlights. Critical acclaim was followed by popular appeal with the move to television. Memorable outings included Blackadder, A Bit of Fry & Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster. Big screen outings included Wilde, Gosford Park and Peter's Friends. He also read all of the Harry Potter books for the highly successful unabridged audiobook edtions. He has written for television and screen, and as a newspaper columnist - for the Literary Review, Daily Telegraph and The Guardian. Stephen Fry's four novels are The Liar, The Hippopotamus, Making History and The Stars' Tennis Balls. He has also published Moab is My Washpot - an autobiography; and Rescuing the Spectacled Bear - his diary of the making of a documentary on the plight of the spectacled bears of Peru. His latest book is Stephen Fry in America. His websites is www.stephenfry.com.
- Author(s)Edward Ardizzone
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleLittle Tim
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width175 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $13.42
- AU $7.00Trending at AU $8.65
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $12.51
- AU $22.73Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $19.33
- AU $7.56Trending at AU $12.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.