Consider these sponsored items
- AU $45.99Free postage
- AU $20.50Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTime After Time is a fashion book for young women 15 years - 30 years and focuses on contemporary ways to wear vintage clothing in combination with current and new items of clothing. Chapters include invaluable advice for shopping at opportunity shops and thrift stores, second hand and flea markets as well as online stores such as Ebay and Etsy. Minna provides information about how much to spend, how to tell which era the clothing comes from, how to tell what type of fabrics are used and more; whilst providing encouragement and inspiration for young women to develop their own style and explore their own creativity. Minna's fashion editorial chapters show her modelling a range of different outfits put together for a range of occasions or styled for a theme such as Date Night, Saturday Night at the Movies, Cherry Bomb, Party etc. Outfits borrow elements from several decades and fashion eras and Minna shows just how to build an outfit that is fun and allows for your own self-expression. Utilising Minna's stunning artwork and collages throughout the book, to include accessories, buttons, collar details, shoes and hats, glasses, Time After Time is a colour riot that is beautiful as well as useful.
- Author BiographyMinna Gilligan is a 23 year old Melbourne-based artist and illustrator whose work is exhibited widely in galleries locally, nationally and internationally including at least three paintings in the National Gallery of Victoria and in the National Gallery of Australia. She has held solo exhibitions at Daine Singer, Melbourne Art Fair, Spring 1883, West Space, TCB Art Inc, Rear View and Dudspace and participated in group exhibitions including Melbourne Now at the NGV, Ontario College of Art and Design, Canada; Space 15 Twenty, Los Angeles; PICA, Perth; Papermill ARI, Sydney; Knight Street Art Space; George Paton Gallery and more. Minna illustrates and writes for Tavi Gevinson's New York-based online magazine, ROOKIE and has created work for fashion clients and retailers such as Urban Outfitters and ASOS. Minna has collaborated with London based photographer Elle Hardwick and Toronto based photographer Petra Collins and is a member of the Artist Collective Ardorous. Minna's work has been a feature of the Melbourne Art Fair and Melbourne Now exhibition. Minna, a graduate of the Victorian College of the Art (Bachelor of Fine Arts Honours) works primarily in painting, drawing and collage. Her works are playgrounds of vibrant colour and often contain collisions of past and present, referencing images and ephemera from pop culture of various eras. Minna's art and aesthetic extends to her passion for fashion collecting and her blog and instagram (40,000+ followers) features many of the outfits she has curated, collected and created. She is wildly inspired by 1960s and 1970s fashion, music and movies and this is evident in her skill at putting together different pieces to create unique and individual styles that are keenly admired by her followers.
- Author(s)Minna Gilligan
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight760 g
- Width210 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.