All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe first great vel to imagine time travel, H. G. Wells's The Time Machine (1895) follows its narrator on an incredible journey that takes him eventually to the earth's last moments. When a Victorian scientist invents a machine that allows him to travel to the year A.D. 802,701, he encounters a highly evolved society of people called Eloi, for whom suffering has apparently been replaced by refinement and harmony. First impressions are misleading, however, and his discovery of the Eloi's true relationship to the brutish Morlocks who lurk in tunnels beneath them leads him to a horrifying insight into the fate of mankind and its roots in his own time.
- Author BiographyH. G. Wells (1866-1946) was a prominent English socialist and pacifist, and a prolific writer in many genres. As the author of The War of the Worlds, The Invisible Man, The Island of Dr. Moreau, and The Time Machine, he is considered a pioneer of science fiction.
- Author(s)H. G. Wells
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication14/03/2017
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintVintage Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width1332 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.