All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis provocative debut from National Poetry Slam Champion Carlos Contreras is a conversation in two parts: one, a mologue-style musing on working in a correction facility told from an insider/outsider perspective; and two, an homage to veterans of other kinds of war who must learn to live inside and outside their own prisons of mind and body.
- Author Biography<strong>Carlos Contreras</strong> is a writing teacher and National Poetry Slam Champion. For five years he has taught incarcerated adults at the Gordon Bernell Charter School in the Metropolitan Detention centre in downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico. He is the lead facilitator for the Voces Youth Writing Programme at the National Hispanic Cultural centre and a cofounder of Just Write, a prison and public writing programme. His previous chapbooks include <em>A Man in Pieces</em> and <em>The Black Book</em>.
- Author(s)Carlos Contreras
- PublisherWest End Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleWest End Press New Series
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWest End Press
- Weight91 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.