All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing a range of music examples and texts, the fifteen essays in this volume explore the interaction between both conceptions of time and space and the intermedial relationship between words and music. This intermedial experimentation may serve to adopt the spatio-temporal attributes of the other medium or to comment on a form's own mediality. It has much to say about processes of literary and musical composition and reception, the role of tradition and intertextuality, and the medial constellation in which these works situate themselves. The articles here collected testify to the success of the first conference of the Word and Music Association Forum, founded in 2009 to offer graduate students and post-docs a forum for presenting and discussing work in word and music studies.
- Author BiographyMario Dunkel is a PhD candidate and lecturer in American Studies at TU Dortmund University. Emily Petermann completed her PhD at the University of Konstanz and is currently an assistant professor of American Studies at the University of Gottingen. Burkhard Sauerwald is a PhD candidate and assistant professor in the music department at TU Dortmund University.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byBurkhard Sauerwald,Emily Petermann,Mario Dunkel
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.