All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a collection of papers on various syntactic and semantic aspects of temporal expression in language. The articles included in this volume were presented at the I International Meeting on Syntax and Semantics and their Interfaces, with the main theme of the event being time. The authors include well-rewned researchers as well as new contributors to the field who present cutting-edge research on a variety of topics, ranging from the fundamental nature of time to formal approaches to specific tense-aspect structures as well as their interaction with other grammatical categories. This volume represents a valuable contribution to the field and will be of interest to scholars studying the representation of time in language as well as to syntacticians and semanticists in general.
- Author BiographyKarina Veronica Molsing is a linguistic consultant and translator for the Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul and holds a PhD in Linguistics from the same university. Her thesis was on the semantics of the present perfect in Brazilian Portuguese (2010). Her research interests include interdisciplinary linguistic approaches to time, including cognitive and formal perspectives. More recently, she has worked in the area of corpus linguistics with a focus on academic discourse in Portuguese and syntactic and semantic interfaces with pragmatics. Ana Maria Tramunt Ibanos is an Associate Professor of Linguistics at the Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul and holds a PhD in Linguistics from the same university. She also holds a post-doctorate on the syntax-semantics interface from the University of Maryland at College Park and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Her main areas of research include linguistic theory and analysis with a focus on the topics of syntax, semantics, formal semantics, logic, inference and propositional attitudes.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight476 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAna Maria Tramunt Ibanos,Karina Veronica Molsing
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.