All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.88Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.07
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.57
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.59
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
About this product
- DescriptionIs there anything more tedious than a Sunday family outing to an old ruin? That's what Charlotte thought (you would, too!). After all, how could she have guessed that this outing was planned ages ago - long before she was even born - and that it would land her in a really strange place! Some people (especially adults) will probably find this book <i>interesting</i> because it brings to life a forgotten time in a usually overlooked region (Angus) of Scotland rich in natural beauty. What's it about? A lot of stuff: monks, clans, friendship, adventure, a mystery, and a bloody battle. It's t a girlie book, r a typical boy adventure but once you start reading, you might just get hooked! By the way: We spent a lot of time digging into 'sources' to make all the details 'accurate' - so once you read it you'll kw something about history and you can show off in class. But that's mainly useful to get some adult to pay for the book. What we really wanted to do is to write something that we would want to read ourselves: funny, sad, surprising, and unexpected. After all, like most sensible people (sometimes, but t often, even adults), we really don't like boring books. Enjoy!
- Author BiographyJ L Foerster are two persons - they divide their time between Dundee, Scotland and Germany, one is a bit older, the other about the age of one of the main characters in this book. They have different tastes in books: J likes all sort of twisted 'literature', L likes adventure and excitement but both really dislike boring books. They also like imagining things and so they came up with this story which brings to life an enchanted region in Scotland with a rather mysterious past. If you like this book and want to know more about the authors, feel free to contact them. p.s.: J and L think that Amazon should include Scotland in their list of country of publication.
- Author(s)J L Foerster
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.