All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book seeks to re-imagine hope in history and in life by exploring the narratives of time which shape and determine how human beings understand their lives. Time for Hope re-imagines hope in today's world. It begins with the premise that there is a crisis of hope, especially in the West. Global conflicts, ecological threats, ecomic distress, and political disillusion are eroding optimism about the future. Often the religious response to historical despair is to turn away from hope in history and to focus on a better afterlife or to forego ethical action in a search for pleasure and beauty. This book seeks instead to change thinking about hope in history by exploring the narratives of time that shape and determine how human beings understand their lives.The goal of the book is to offer a remedy for the crisis of hope. It t only proposes alternative narratives of time, but also presents specific practices and habits that will lead to thinking and living differently. The book outlines a theology of hope appropriate for the historical, social and theological challenges of life today. It tells a life-giving story.
- Author BiographyFlora A. Keshgegian is a theologian and an ordained Episcopal priest. She is the author of Redeeming Memories: A Theology of Healing and Transformation and numerous articles. She taught theology for five years at the Episcopal Theological Seminary of the Southwest and served for fourteen years as Associate University Chaplain at Brown University. She is currently a Visiting Scholar at Brown University.
- Author(s)Flora A. Keshgegian
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.