All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTime-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields A Classic Reissue in the IEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory Donald G. Dudley, Series Editor When I begin a new research project, I clear my desk and put away all texts and reference books. Invariably, Harrington's book is the first book to find its way back to my desk. My copy is so worn that it is falling apart. --Dr. Kendall F. Casey, SRI In the opinion of our faculty, there is other book available that serves as well as Professor Harrington's does as an introduction to advanced electromagnetic theory and to classic solution methods in electromagnetics. --Professor Chalmers M. Butler, Clemson University First published in 1961, Roger Harrington's Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields is one of the most significant works in electromagnetic theory and applications. Over the past forty years, it proved to be a key resource for students, professors, researchers, and engineers who require a comprehensive, in-depth treatment of the subject. Now, IEEE is reissuing the classic in response to requests from our many members, who found it an invaluable textbook and an enduring reference for practicing engineers. About the IEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory The IEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory offers outstanding coverage of the field. It consists of new titles of contemporary interest as well as reissues and revisions of recognized classics by established authors and researchers. The series emphasizes works of long-term archival significance in electromagnetic waves and applications. Designed specifically for graduate students, researchers, and practicing engineers, the series provides affordable volumes that explore and explain electromagnetic waves beyond the undergraduate level.
- Author BiographyROGER F. HARRINGTON is a Fellow of the IEEE. Prior to his retirement from active teaching, he was a Distinguished Professor at Syracuse University. Among his many awards and honors, he was awarded the IEEE Centennial Medal in 1984, the IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Distinguished Achievement Award is 1989, the URSI Van der Pol Medal in 1996, the Jubilee Tesla Medal in 1998, the IEEE Electromagnetics Field Award in 2000, and an IEEE Third Millennium Medal in 2000. He was born in Buffalo, New York, in 1925. He received his BEE and MEE from Syracuse University in 1948 and 1950, respectively, and his PhD from Ohio State University, Columbus, in 1952. Dr. Harrington is a member of Tau Beta Pi, Sigma Xi, the American Association of University Professors, and the International Union of Radio Science.
- Author(s)Roger F. Harrington
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2001
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight844 g
- Width166 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine31 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.