All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $61.59Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionA boy, just 15, through effort of his own, travels back in time to the late 15th century, where he meets Leonardo da Vinci. Because the universe bends back on itself, time streams overlap, and he just happens to be in the right place at the right time. Or the wrong one. Da Vinci, in addition to being an artist, was an early futurist, who drew designs for the first airplane, helicopter, submarine, and on and on. Who better to design a time machine to get the boy home? Not a great student, our time-traveler is hooked on natural science as he gets to kw Leonardo. Meanwhile, da Vinci is fascinated by the stuff in the backpack - what's that bag of Funyuns?There's plenty of intrigue along the way. Leonardo da Vinci's patron is a Borgia who wants to keep someone from the future, with all his kwledge, deep in the past. Since time travel depends on being at the right place when the time streams intersect, the final scene reveals a breathless dash to the proper place with the Borgias in hot pursuit.Part of the Gemma Open Door Series, originally designed for new readers, these books confirm the truth that a story doesn't have to be big to change the world. Time with Leo is specifically created for young adult readers.
- Author BiographyJohn Bliss has written several nonfiction books for young readers, including Art that Moves: Animation Around the World, Pioneers to the West, and Designer Babies. His interest in science goes back to long summer nights of his youth, when he would lie on the front lawn, watching the stars through his father's binoculars. John teaches courses in theater and communication at Northeastern Illinois University.
- Author(s)John Bliss
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleGemma Open Door for Young People
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight95 g
- Width113 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.