Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $115.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImmerse yourself in the visual stream created over the past 50 years by Kamoinge, the pioneering photographic collective. Over 280 stunning photos are interspersed with insights and thoughts from Kamoinge's 30 members, who include many of the nation's most acclaimed photographers. Taken in New York City, in West Africa, in Guyana, in suburban America, the photos include abstracts; daily moments of men, women, and children, together or alone; portraits of Miles Davis, Biggie Smalls, a young Ntozake Shange, and many other visionary citizens; and landscapes. Kamoinge, a collective of African-American photographers seeking artistic equality, was founded in 1963 at the height of the American Civil Rights Movement. As a collective, the members gained entrance into venues that were previously inaccessible to blacks. The oldest collaborative group of photographers in the nation, Kamoinge continues to photograph, as well as to mentor others, and commemorates its 50th anniversary with this compendium.
- Author BiographyAnthony Barboza, President of Kamoinge, Inc., began his career in commercial art over forty years ago. His work has been widely exhibited within the United States and internationally at places ranging from the Smithsonian to the International Center of Photography. Barbozas work appears in many permanent collections including those of the Museum of Modern Art, the Studio Museum in Harlem, the University of Mexico, and Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall in Taiwan. His photojournalistic and editorial spreads have appeared in publications throughout North America and Europe, including The New Yorker, Newsweek, National Geographic, People, GQ, Vogue, Black Book, Playboy, Ebony, Black Enterprise, GEO, Forbes, and many others. Herb Robinson was born in Kingston, Jamaica, and raised in New York City. A professional photographer, his corporate and fine arts clientele includes museums and galleries, as well as pharmaceutical, publishing, advertising, and design agencies. Herbs work has been published and exhibited widely at locations including Columbia University, the G.R. NNamdi Gallery, the International Center of Photography, the American Museum of Natural History, and many others. Vincent Alabiso is President of VJA Inc., the Visual Journalism Alliance. For 13 years he directed APs worldwide photo operation as Vice President and Executive Photo Editor. He has twice served as a Pulitzer juror. Quincy Troupe is an award-winning author. Among his notable books are 10 volumes of poems and Miles: The Autobiography, with Miles Davis. His work has been translated into more than 25 languages. He is professor emeritus at the University of California, San Diego, and edits Black Renaissance Noire at New York University.
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2015
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2580 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAnthony Barboza,Herbert Robinson
- Foreword byQuincy Troupe
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.