Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionNEW REVISED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE (including new term limits amendment and revision of Article V) In the more than 200 years since Americans set up a national government under their Constitution, that government has become a massive Leviathan which would be unrecognizable to the founders. Whether they consider themselves liberal or conservative, most Americans w realize that this vast centralized bureaucratic police state, dominated by remote elites, is t of the people, by the people, [or] for the people. Timely Renewed: Amendments to Restore the American Constitution examines how this came about, t through the careful amendment process provided in the Constitution itself, but rather by a Supreme Court which has arrogated to itself the power to change the Constitution by a simple five vote majority. Timely Renewed then asks how to repair this damage. Supposedly conservative Supreme Courts and Congresses have both failed to roll back these unconstitutional exercises of federal power. Timely Renewed proposes ather solution: specific amendments to the Constitution restating the original understandings for our time. The first of these is an amendment amendment which restores to the States the ability to initiate amendments, thereby ending the congressional and judicial mopoly over our founding document. Eleven other proposed amendments then seek to restore the original constitutional meanings and allocations of power which have been most abused by our national government in all its branches. Since the original constitutional language has been so abused, the proposed amendments restate and rephrase the original constitutional intentions in a modern context. Whether or t one agrees with all of the proposed amendments, or believes that other amendments are also urgent, Timely Renewed provides critical insight into how our Constitution became so misused, and offers a specific strategy for repairing and restoring it. The Constitution declares that it is by We, the People. Timely Renewed shows how we, the people, can take back our Constitution.
- Author BiographyJames W. Lucas is an attorney and entrepreneur. Although he lives in New York City and received a law degree from Columbia University, he is not a member of any ruling elites.
- Author(s)James W Lucas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.