Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.57Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionHis wasn't a world war. It was one of the smaller wars, but just as deadly as any other. Wars are like snakes, his first commanding officer said to him. Some of the little ones can be even worse than the monsters. --from Veterans Franklin fears his family is in danger from a fellow veteran he saved during the war. A young boy entranced by opera despite being born into the rock-and-roll generation finds himself playing the lead roll in a present-day tragedy. Travel agents happily lost in the paperwork of other people's adventures break away for an impromptu trip without-to their horror-a destination. Pitch-perfect and unpredictable, these stories cover a wide terrain of voices, plot, and imagery. Rachael Ingalls's richly drawn characters slip from the ordinary into the surreal with an elegance that can only come from a master of the form. Mostly set in the United States, the stories in Times Like These are available for the first time to American readers.
- Author BiographyRachel Ingalls grew up in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She has lived in London since 1965 and is the author of several novels and short-story collections published in both the United States and United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Rachael Ingalls
- PublisherGraywolf Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGraywolf Press
- Weight490 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.