All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is t an environmental book, even though it is concerned with the environment. It is t a book to save the world, even though the world is clearly in trouble. Ultimately, Time's Up! is a book about survival; about ensuring that every individual human has the means to save herself or himself from the global crisis that is unfolding. People kw that the climate is changing, that species are being removed from the Earth at a rapidly increasing rate, that entire ecosystems are becoming shadows of their former richness; they kw, but they do t understand. The global environmental crisis is closing in on humanity from all directions, yet the crisis barely registers on this culture's list of problems. As we stand, humanity is doomed to a collapse that will leave only a few mads, and a toxic, barely survivable Earth in its wake. So why is thing being done beyond changing light bulbs, recycling and buying organic food? It's certainly t for a lack of good reasons. Humans have motivation stronger than survival, yet the culture that dominates the culture we call Industrial Civilization has created a set of priorities that value financial wealth, the possession of superfluous goods and short, cheap thrills, above that most basic need. In short, we are prepared to die in order to live a life that is killing us. Time's Up! is all about changing this. It describes what our actions are doing to the very things on Earth that we depend on for survival, at scales that we rarely contemplate. It arms us with the tools to free us from the culture that has blinded us for centuries, and which will allow us to live lives that will give the Earth, and ourselves, a future. Time's Up! proposes something radical, fundamental and frightening; something longterm, exhilarating and absolutely necessary; something totally uncivilized.
- Author BiographyKeith Farnish is an environmental writer, philospher and activist. He founded The Earth Blog (www.theearthblog.org) in 2006, and writes The Unsuitablog (www.unsuitablog.com). He is also a guest author on The Sietch Blog. Keith lives in Essex with his wife and children.
- Author(s)Keith Farnish
- PublisherGreen Books
- Date of Publication11/02/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreen Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.