All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.56Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis much is fact: at on on May 29, 1970, Argentinean general and former president Pablo Eugenio Aramburu was abducted from his Bues Aires apartment by the Montoneros, an urban guerilla group that supported the regimeand returf exiled leader Juan Peron. Only after a month-long search was it discovered that the Montoneros had executed Aramburu three days after kidnapping him, leaving his corpse to rot inside a farmhouse in the remote hamlet of Timote. Jose Pablo Feinmann s brilliant fictionalization of this momentous event in Argentine history raises as many questions as it answers, about issues of ongoing global concern: nationalism, fundamentalism, terrorism, torture. Imagining the abduction, interrogation, and murder as a series of gripping dialogues between the captor Fernando and the captive general, Feinmann delivers readers deep into the psyches of warring ideological factions. Who are the Montoneros, who claim to represent an injured people? Who are Peron and his idolized late wife, who claimed to love their country? Who is Aramburu, who claims to protect democracy? Combining adroit political analysis with true-life characters, Timote illuminates for English-language readers a dark episode of history and a darker side of the human mind
- Author(s)Jose Pablo Feinmann
- PublisherTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byDavid William Foster
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.