Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide by O.John Ma, Rita K. Cydulka, J. Stephan Stapczynski, Judith E. Tintinalli, David M. Cline, Garth D. Meckler (Mixed media product, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $345.64+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe landmark emergency medicine text is w in full color. This book includes companion DVD with 17 additional chapters. It is a British Medical Association Book Awards Winner, Surgery category! It offers a Doody's Core Title for 2015! Collectively, they have once again produced an excellent text that manages to cover the broad scope of emergency medicine while remaining an easily readable and practical resource...Last, for the inevitable comparison of this current edition of Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine with other available emergency medicine textbooks available: in my opinion, Tintinalli's still comes out on top. It is more concise and easier to read than some, yet it covers the breadth of emergency medicine practice more comprehensively than others. The bottom line is that I like this book. Just as previous editions did, the seventh presents all of the most pertinent and up-to-date information in a well-organized format that is comprehensive yet easy to read. That and many of the attractive new features in this current edition will ensure its place on my bookshelf for years to come. (Jama). With 418 contributors representing over 120 medical centers around the world, Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine is the most practical and clinically rigorous reference of its kind. It covers everything from prehospital care, disaster preparedness, and basic resuscitative techniques, to all the major diseases requiring emergency treatment, such as pulmonary emergencies, renal and GU disorders, and hemophilia. This authoritative, in-depth coverage makes this classic text indispensible t only in emergency departments, but also for residents and practitioners when studying or preparing for any exam they may face. While continuing to provide the most current information for acute conditions, the Seventh Edition of Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine has been substantially revised and updated to cover all of the conditions for which patients seek emergency department care in a concise and easy-to-read-manner. New - It features full-color design with more figures and tables than ever. Its reader-friendly chapter presentation makes it easy to find important material. It offers updated tables covering drugs and important clinical information. It offers patient safety considerations and injury prevention are integrated into chapters, as appropriate; total revision of the dermatology section enables diagsis by lesion description and body area affected, and provides current treatment; organ systems sections reorganized to reflect considerations for actual clinical practice. New chapters: New adult chapters include Natural Disasters, Aneurysms of the Aorta and Major Arteries; Hip and Knee Pain, Aortic Dissection; Acute Urinary Retention; Subarachid Hemorrhage and Intracranial Bleeding; Clotting Disorders; Community -acquired Pneumonia and Noninfectious Pulmonary Infiltrates; Type I Diabetes; Type II Diabetes; Anemia; Tests of Hemostasis; Clotting Disorders; Head Injury in Adults and Children; the Transplant Patient; Grief, Death and Dying; and Legal Issues in Emergency Medicine. Twelve new pediatric chapters including The Diabetic Child, Hematologic-Oncologic Emergencies, Ear and Mastoids, Eye Problems in Infants and Children, Neck Masses, GI Bleeding, Nose and Sinuses, Urologic and Gynecologic Procedures in children, Renal emergencies in children, Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders in children, Pediatric Procedures, Pediatric ECG Interpretation Greater coverage of procedures throughout for the most common conditions seen in the emergency department. Its companion DVD features an additional 17 chapters, such as Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Principles of Imaging, Prison Medicine, Military Medicine, The Violent Patient, Forensics, Wound Ballistics, and Drug Interactions. Companion DVD also features videos and animations for teaching and learning performance of important procedures, especially Ultrasound-Guided Procedures.
- Author BiographyEditor-in-Chief Judith E. Tintinalli, MD, MS Professor and Chair Department of Emergency Medicine Adjunct Professor Department of Health Policy and Administration University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC Co-Editors J. Stephan Stapczynski, MD Chair, Emergency Medicine Department Chief of Medical Staff Maricopa Medical Center Phoenix, AZ O. John Ma, MD Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine Oregon Health Science University Portland, OR David M. Cline, MD Department of Emergency Medicine Wake Forest University School of Medicine Winston-Salem, NC Rita K. Cydulka, MD Professor and Vice Chair Department of Emergency Medicine Case Western University MetroHealth Medical Center Cleveland, OH Garth D. Meckler Assistant Section Chief and Fellowship Director Pediatric Emergency Medicine Oregon Health & Science University Portland, OR
- Author(s)David M. Cline,Garth D. Meckler,J. Stephan Stapczynski,Judith E. Tintinalli,O.John Ma,Rita K. Cydulka
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Medical
- Content Notecol. Illustrations +
- Weight4477 g
- Width223 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine68 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and DVD
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.