All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJurgen Hofmeester once had it all: a beautiful wife, a nice house in an upper-class neighbourhood in Amsterdam, a respectable job as an editor, two lovely daughters named Ibi and Tirza, and a large amount of money in a Swiss bank account. But during the preparations for Tirza's graduation party, we come to kw what he has lost. His wife has left him; Ibi is starting a bed and breakfast in France, an idea which he opposed; the director of the publishing house has fired him; and his savings have vanished in the wake of 9/11. Tirza's new boyfriend then causes even more trouble.
- Author BiographyArnon Grunberg started his own publishing company at the age of 19 and wrote his first, of many, best-seller at 23. He's twice won the AKO Literature Prize, the Dutch equivalent of the Booker Prize. He's also twice won the prize for the best debut novelonce under a pseudonym. Sam Garrett has translated a number of works by Arnon Grunberg and Tim Krabbe, among others. He won the Vondel Translation Prize for his translation of Frank Westerman's Ararat.
- Author(s)Arnon Grunberg
- PublisherOpen Letter
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Letter
- Weight544 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.