All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.82Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.10Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Barney's feline fantasy comes true, the fur starts flying in this darkly hilarious and heartwarming tale. Cats have it made. They laze in sun patches, are showered with affection by loving humans, can cough up hairballs wherever they want, and never have to wonder why their dad disappeared one day and never came back. It's clearly much easier to be a cat than to be a middle school boy. So when Barney Willow wishes he could be a cat, and gets his wish, he should be thrilled. Except he's t. He discovers that t all cats are cute and cuddly, and some of them are downright evil. He discovers that his own mother can't see past the whiskers to recognize her darling son. Worst of all, he discovers that his life is in grave danger...and he doesn't have eight lives to spare.
- Author BiographyMatt Haig's first novel for young readers, <i>Samuel Blink and the Forbidden Forest</i>, won the UK's Blue Peter Book of the Year Award and the Gold Smarties Award. He is also the author of various adult novels, including <i>The Labrador Pact</i> and <i>The Radleys</i>. Reviewers have called his writing totally engrossing, touching, quirky, and macabre, and so surprising and strange it vaults into a realm of his own. His books have been translated into twenty-five languages. He lives in York, England, and assures us he has never, ever been a cat--despite rumors that he was once a rather grumpy ginger tabby named Jeffrey. Stacy Curtis<b></b>finds it purr-fectly impawsible he's ever been a cat. He is, however, a cartoonist, illustrator, printmaker, and twin who has illustrated more than twenty-five books for children, including the <i>New York Times </i>bestseller <i>The 7 Habits of Happy Kids</i>. He and his wife, Jann, live in the Chicago area and happily share their home with two dogs, Derby and Inky, and no cats.
- Author(s)Matt Haig
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtheneum Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width132 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stacy Curtis
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.