All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionFor much of the nineteenth century and all of the twentieth, the per capita rate of suicide in Cuba was the highest in Latin America and among the highest in the world - a condition made all the more extraordinary in light of Cuba's historic ties to the Catholic church. In this richly illustrated social and cultural history of suicide in Cuba, Louis A. Perez Jr. explores the way suicide passed from the unthinkable to the unremarkable in Cuban society. To Die in Cuba ultimately tells as much about Cubans' lives, culture, and society as it does about their self-inflicted deaths.
- Author BiographyLOUIS A. PEREZ JR. is J. Carlyle Sitterson Professor of History at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is author of numerous books on Cuba, including Cuba: Between Reform and Revolution and On Becoming Cuban: Identity, Nationality, and Culture (from the University of North Carolina Press).
- Author(s)Louis Perez
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleH. Eugene and Lillian Youngs Lehman Series
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note78 illustrations, 22 tables, 2 figures, notes, index
- Weight649 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.