Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionIn this inspirational and entertaining narrative, the author Birgit Soyka gives the reader a glimpse of her life philosophy from the back seat of a motorcycle. Her memoir races along the twisting roads of untamed dreams and an obsession to follow the horizon. Audacious and honest with a healthy dose of humor, Birgit's story is a reminder to live life to the fullest, to persevere matter what the obstacles, and to always remain true to yourself and your dreams. To Drink the Wild Air recounts Birgit's journey from her wild motorcycle days in her homeland of Germany to the narrowing ose of career burut in the United States, which left her with the burning question: Is this all life has to offer? It was also the wakeup call to reclaim the fearless spirit of her youth and to combine it with her sophisticated adult wisdom. Birgit was the only female breaking into the male dominated sport of motorcycle racing in California, showing courage and determination to win a championship against all odds and encountering injuries, destitution, homelessness, and the threat of deportation along the way. She shifted into a different gear with marriage and a professional business career, where she applied her competitive courageousness to conquer every challenge that came her way. Enjoy the ride!
- Author BiographyBirgit Soyka was born and raised in Germany. After she successfully completed her apprenticeship in retail sales, she changed fields and worked several years for the motorcycle magazine mo in Germany. She became one of the first female motorcycle racers in her time. In 1985, she decided to take a leap of faith to embark on the longest journey of her life following nothing more than her intuition and the path of unexplored territory. Her desire to live a life less ordinary drew her to an early passion for adventure, travel, and motorcycle racing, which led her into a long and successful business career in the Logistics sector and the opportunity to live in Mexico for several years. Eventually she experienced career burnout, which was the trigger to re-think life as it was. Today she makes her home in San Francisco, California, and has embarked once again on a journey of self-exploration, planning another adventure on a motorcycle-this time focused on environmental challenges and alternative technology.
- Author(s)Birgit Soyka
- PublisherParendum Books
- Date of Publication12/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParendum Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.