CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will make your heart sing as you read about Marie Younkin-Waldman's life before and after her cochlear implant at the age of 63. After a lifetime of struggling with a progressive hearing loss the author was at the point where she could t hear on the telephone or her grandchildren. She finally opted for the technical modern miracle that has changed her life completely. Younkin-Waldman was always an outgoing, invative personality even with hearing loss, as she hosted and produced a television show, survived a first marriage with a problematic Vietnam veteran, raised four children, was a teacher, family therapist and lived some of her life abroad where she amazingly learned to speak French. Marie's fresh personality and warm heart will win you over as you get to kw her and become inspired by her courage.
- Author BiographyMarie Younkin-Waldman is also the author of Simply South County, a collection of essays as well as a newspaper columnist. She is the recent host and producer of the television show Tea with Marie. She is a graduate of The American College in Paris and has a Master's degree from The University of Rhode Island. She has been a teacher, family therapist and disability advocate. Marie is married to Myron Waldman and lives in Narragansett, Rhode Island. She has four adult children and seven grandchildren. When she is not enjoying gardening, yoga or book club she could be organizing teas for her favorite charities.
- Author(s)Marie Younkin-Waldman
- PublisherGentility Press
- Date of Publication06/11/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGentility Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.