All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAaron Emerson grew up as the son of a successful minister in Mason, Michigan. Blessed with a loving, caring family, he had the makings of a great life. At 14, however, his dad was unexpectedly fired from the church he helped build, right after the tragic passing of his cousin. Aaron turned to marijuana and alcohol, finding pleasure in covering up the pain he was experiencing. A year later, he was introduced to prescription pills and eventually became addicted to Oxycontin. Once Oxycontin became too expensive and hard to find, he made the decision to switch to a cheaper, more potent drug: heroin. Heroin would take Aaron through a life of hardcore addiction, lengthy jail stints, and several near-death experiences. After years of addiction that saw a once middle class teenager turn into a felon and become homeless, a journey to find recovery transpired. That journey took Aaron to several rehabs and through many heartbreaking relapses. However, recovery from his addiction was ultimately found, and w he shares his story around the state to raise awareness and spread hope. Throughout his addiction and recovery, Aaron journaled and wrote about all of his experiences. He has w published his journal entries full of addiction, jail, rehab, overdose, relapse, and recovery. This book is the collection of all of those writings that shaped his life for several years.
- Author BiographyAaron Emerson, from Mason, Michigan, is an author, writer and blogger. Many of his writings center around drug addiction and recovery. Aaron is a recovering addict that shares his story to many and speaks at various high schools around Michigan. He has authored one book, a memoir titled, To Hell And Back: Heroin And Recovery. He also maintains a blog and is a journalist, writing for Ingham Today.
- Author(s)Aaron Emerson
- PublisherAaron Emerson Writing
- Date of Publication09/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAaron Emerson Writing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.