All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThere was a time when the two most torious red-light districts t only in Ireland but in all of Europe could be found on the streets of Dublin. Though the name of Monto has endured long in folk memory, the area kwn as Hell was equally torious, feared and rewned in its day. In this new work MauriceCurtis explores the histories of these dark remnants of Dublin's past, complete with their gambling, duelling and vice, their rowdy taverns and houses of ill repute.
- Author BiographyMaurice Curtis is an author and historian. His previously published works include The Liberties: A History, Rathmines in Old Photographs and Portobello In Old Photographs.
- Author(s)Maurice Curtis
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.