All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the first airplane flight in Georgia has t been told correctly in more than one hundred years. The year given for this flight, 1907, is t correct, the plane identified as the first to fly never got off the ground, and Ben T. Epps, Sr. is incorrectly credited, solely, with achieving this feat. To Lasso the Clouds sets the historical record straight and brings to light the complete, incredible story of the two young men from Athens, Georgia who achieved their dream of flight. Epps and Zumpt A. Huff were described by one newspaper after that first flight as a second pair of Wright brothers. On their journey to build a machine capable of sustained, controlled flight, this unlikely pair crossed paths with some of the world's greatest icons including: Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company; Glenn Curtis, father of Naval Aviation and founder of the American Aircraft Industry; Alessandro Anzani, an Italian, world-famous for designing and building motorcycle and airplane engines; Louis Bleriot, a Frenchman, who was the first person in the world to fly a moplane; and Bobby Walthour of Atlanta, Georgia, World Champion bicyclist in 1904 and 1905, and perhaps the greatest athlete in the world at the time. Most surprising of all, this book reveals their flight was the first flight of a moplane in the United States-a record of which even they were t aware.
- Author BiographyDan A. Aldridge, Jr. is a semi-retired business consultant who currently serves as vice president of the Friends of Georgia Libraries. He received a BS degree in Commerce from the University of Virginia and a JD degree from the University of Georgia School of Law. Aldridge resides in Winterville, Georgia, USA.
- Author(s)A. Aldridge Dan
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.