All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- Description'We-have-a-house-in-the-country?' Lena dded solemnly. 'Where?' I almost shouted, briefly rattling the table. 'No, wait, don't tell me - it's Todi in Umbria, right? The old mar house, the one with the lemon groves!' 'Alt-Globnitz.' 'Alt-Globnitz?' Suddenly I felt cold. 'Alt-Globnitz. It's a really nice place. You will love it.' In a desperate attempt to save his relationship with girlfriend Lena and take a break from the world of journalism, Germany correspondent Roger Boyes agrees to make a great escape from the easy urban lifestyle of Berlin and decamp to the countryside. Roger has hopes for southern Italy, but Lena has inherited a run-down old schloss in deepest, darkest Brandenburg. Needing a form of income, they decide to set up a B & B with a British theme. Enter unhelpful Harry and his Trinidadian chef cousin, a mad Scot to advise them on re-branding Brandenburg, some suicidal frogs and a posse of mad tourists. It all culminates, naturally, in a cricket match between the Brits and the Germans on an old Russian minefield. Farce meets romance in this follow-up to the successful A Year in the Scheisse.
- Author BiographyRoger Boyes is also the author of A Year in the Scheisse. He has been a foreign correspondent for more than 30 years, and is currently the Germany correspondent for the Times and author of the column My Berlin in Tagesspiegel.
- Author(s)Roger Boyes
- PublisherSummersdale Publishers
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSummersdale Publishers
- Weight190 g
- Width129 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.