Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.61Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the year: 1943. Now there was to be more retreat for Britain and her Allies. At last the war was to be carried into enemy territory. And, from captured bases and makeshift harbours in North Africa, The Royal Navy's Special Force was to be the probe and the spearhead of the advance. To this urthodox war came the corvette H.M.S. Thistle and her commanding officer, John Crispin. Both were veterans, she from the Atlantic, he from the trauma of seeing his last command and her company brutally destroyed. Soon they would be fighting amongst remote Adriatic islands, helping the partisans and guerrillas with whom they had little in common, except an overwhelming common hatred of the enemy who had attacked and destroyed their countries. Ship and crew had to be welded into a single fighting unit. And it had to be done, t in training, but on active duty.
- Author BiographyDouglas Reeman did convoy duty in the navy in the Atlantic, the Arctic, and the North Sea. He has written over thirty novels under his own name and more than twenty best-selling historical novels featuring Richard Bolitho under the pseudonym Alexander Kent.
- Author(s)Douglas Reeman
- Date of Publication01/02/1972
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Weight172 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $11.44Trending at AU $14.31
- AU $9.44Trending at AU $13.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.