All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith today's climate change, our environmental problems aren't going away any time soon. To Save the Earth looks at the lives of four extraordinary Americans who fought to save our earth. John Muir, a pioneer of conservationism, was the founder of our national park system. Rachel Carson, biologist and author, educated our country about the effects of pesticides and chemical waste. David McTaggart, the organizer of Greenpeace, introduced nviolent protest into the struggle, while Dave Foreman, cofounder and former leader of the activist group Earth First!, shook up a movement that had grown complacent. The biographies of each of these figures, as well as personal interviews with David McTaggart and Dave Foreman, help us to understand the environmental movement specific to the United States. With current issues of excessive pollution and climate change, this is an excellent resource for introducing young readers to the cause. Upon first publication, To Save the Earth was chosen as a Junior Library Guild Selection, and w, this fascinating and important book is back in print to teach a whole new generation of readers the importance of environmental conservation and preservation.
- Author BiographyJules Archer was one of the most respected names in nonfiction for young people. During his lifetime he published more than seventy books, which have been translated into twelve languages throughout the world. He lived in Scotts Valley, California, until his death in 2008. Erin Peabody loves getting young people excited about the fascinating and quirky workings of our natural world. She's worked as a park ranger in the National Mall in Washington, DC, the Dry Tortugas in the Gulf of Mexico, and Yellowstone. Among her favorite topics are grizzly bears, sea turtles, carnivorous crickets, and geysers that spout once a century. Erin lives with her husband, daughter, and yellow lab, Luna, in the leafy hills of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Author(s)Jules Archer
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleJules Archer History for Young Readers
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note20 B&W photos
- Weight371 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byErin Peabody
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.85
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.59
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.39
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.86
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.