All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKaren Robards, who delivered a racy read (Cosmopolitan) in her acclaimed besteller Paradise County, once again electriAes the page with hardwired passion and thrilling suspense in this heart-pounding new vel.Suspicion. It burned through every nerve and Aber of Julie Carlson -- the heartbreaking, infuriating suspicion that her husband was having an affair. To the rest of the world, Sid Carlson was a wealthy contractor with friends in highly inA3/4uential places. But to Julie, he was a man who had cheated on their marriage vow -- and she knew she had to take desperate measures. Who can she trust? Heartbroken by her husband, Julie turns to a handsome stranger.Mac McQuarry knew better than to mix women and work: the private detective had tracked eugh cheating spouses to kw unbridled desire usually has good end. And he had eugh trouble of his own: the disgraced former cop had been bumped way down to his current status after an explosive shakedown of the Charleston police department. But when Julie Carlson hires him, Mac can't resist. Not only is she drop-dead gorgeous, but her husband, a longtime enemy, was a player in Mac's inglorious downfall -- and he'd love thing more than to catch the corrupt jerk with his pants down, so to speak.But what begins as a run-of-the-mill assignment spiced by a Aery A3/4irtation with beautiful Julie suddenly spirals into a harrowing race for survival. Tracking the Carlsons' car down a lonely road one night, Mac witnesses an incredible hit that targeted Julie -- and suddenly Mac and Julie have become the hunted. With the mob and the police in hot pursuit, they can rely only on each other as they crash their way through a maze of buried secrets and deadly deceptions.
- Author BiographyKaren Robards is the author of more than forty novels and one novella. A regular on the New York Times, USA TODAY, and Publishers Weekly bestseller lists, among others. She is the mother of three boys and lives in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Karen Robards
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication26/12/2000
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $74.00
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.16
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.09
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.88
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.