All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDove, Lipton, Krr, Ben & Jerry's, and SlimFast are a few of the brands that are part of the $66 billion global empire kwn as Unilever. When the story opens, one of its divisions is in deep trouble- declining volume, eroding margins, critical quality problems- and is close to being sold off. Then Tex Gunning, its visionary new division chairman, takes the stage, an expanding circle of young leaders takes charge, and once-skeptical workers embrace a challenging message of growth. The result? The division grows by double digits, year in and year out, and energizes Unilever's path to thrive around the globe. To the Desert and Back tells the inside story of the transformation in the words of the people in all quarters of the company who made it happen. It documents five years of personal soul-searching, teamwork, companywide learning conferences, memorable journeys to the mountains and desert, and inspired promotions that show how these efforts produced a remarkable top-to-bottom turnaround. This story delivers authentic and convincing proof that a revitalized business is about personal growth. The lessons learned from this dramatic business turnaround provide unexpected insights and encouraging inspiration for other companies and leaders ready to embark on their own remarkable journey of transformation, growth, and success.
- Author BiographyPhilip Mirvis is an organizational psychologist whose research and practice concerns large-scale organizational change and its implications for a global workforce. He is the author of numerous books, including The Cynical Americans and Joining Forces, both from Jossey-Bass. <p>Karen Ayas is an author, educator, and research fellow at Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Netherlands, and partner in the Ripples Groups, a consulting practice specializing in growth strategies and change management. <p>George Roth is a consultant, author, and research associate at MIT's Sloan School of Management.
- Author(s)George Roth,Karen Ayas,Philip H. Mirvis
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/12/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJossey Bass Wiley
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight434 g
- Width163 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.