Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionTwo books in one volume, To the Ends of the Earth: Memoirs of a Pioneering Aviator combines Sir Alan Cobham's first-hand accounts of two of his most memorable journeys, round the Cape and to Australia and back. Undertaken in the 1920s, his memoirs of these fantastic adventures reveal the trials and tribulations of travelling to the farthest ad darkest corners of the globe in a de Havilland type 50 and a seaplane in a time when global travel was in its infancy. With its accessible style and irrepressible optimism, this book is a must for any lover of the travel writing genre.
- Author BiographySir Alan Cobham was a pioneering aviator and a great figure in the history of aviation. He developed techniques for aerial photography and was later involved in the development of air to air refuelling.Colin Cruddas is the Cobham family archivist. He has unearthed some new treasures for this revised edition.
- Author(s)Sir Alan J. Cobham
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2002
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Weight480 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.