All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.33Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn this revised and updated third edition, Bill Sherwonit brings to life the adventure, heroism, triumph, and tragedy of climbing North America's highest peak, Denali. He offers great insight and tales of daring adventure for both experienced climbers and armchair explorers who wonder why people climb mountains. The book contains stores about some of the best kwn personalities associated with the mountain --- from Bradford Washburn to Vern Tejas. Sherwonit has added new records and climbing data along with some stories of new faces who have attempted the climb. He also updated the Park Service rules regarding climbing Denali.
- Author BiographyBill Sherwonit reached the summit of Denali in 1987 while a reporter for The Anchorage Times. He considers this accomplishment a once-in-a-lifetime experience. A freelance writer and photographer since 1992, Sherwonit has contributed to a wide range of national publications. He also compiled and edited the climbing anthology Alaska Ascents: World-Class Mountaineers Tell Their Stories. Bill has lived in Alaska since 1982.
- Author(s)Bill Sherwonit
- PublisherAlaska Northwest Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlaska Northwest Books
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, maps
- Weight458 g
- Width141 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Foreword byArt Davidson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.