All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first 90 years of vitamin E research has produced prolific and table discoveries, but until the last few decades, attention has been given mostly to the biological activities and underlying mechanisms of alpha-tocopherol, which we w kw is one of more than eight vitamin E isomers. Currently, the n-tocopherol vitamin E molecule tocotriel has reached a new measure of research height: more than one-third of all vitamin E tocotriel research of the last 30 years has been published since 2009. The thriving field of tocotriel research gives ground for publication of Tocotriels: Vitamin E Beyond Tocopherols, Second Edition, a compilation of the latest tocotriel research in all new chapters. Highlights *Established research, including prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, and cancer *Emergent research, including angiogenesis, bioavailability, bone health, gastric injury, inflammation, life extension, and skin health * Tocopherol interference with tocotriel functions * All new chapters and many new contributors Recognized as potent antioxidants, tocotriels play a role in cholesterol reduction, tumor suppression, reversal of arteriosclerosis, and protection of the heart against oxidative stress. Compiling contributions from leading researchers, this book overviews tocotriels, and examines their sources, chemistry, and mechanisms of action. Contributors discuss the role of tocotriels in the treatment and prevention of cancer and in cardiovascular health, diabetes, and other hormone regulation by tocotriels. In addition, the book addresses animal and in vitro as well as mechanistic and pre-clinical studies. Dr. Tan discusses the benefits of tocotriel in a YouTube video.
- Author BiographyBarrie Tan is the President of American River Nutrition, Inc. in Hadley, Massachusetts, USA. Ronald Ross Watson is a Professor in the College of Public Health and School of Medicine at the University of Arizona, Tucson, USA. Victor R. Preedy is the Director of the Genomics Centre at King's College London, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note129 black & white illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight861 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBarrie Tan,Ronald Ross Watson,Victor R. Preedy
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.