Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTOILETPAPER is an artists' magazine created and produced by MaurizioCattelan and Pierpaolo Ferrari, born out of a passion or obsession theyboth cultivate: images. The magazine contains text; each picturesprings from an idea, often simple, and through a complex orchestratiof people it becomes the materialization of the artists' mental outbursts.Since the first issue, in June 2010, Toilet Paper has created a world thatdisplays ambiguous narratives and a troubling imagination. It combinesthe vernacular of commercial photography with twisted narrativetableaux and surrealistic imagery. The result is a publication that isitself a work of art which, through its accessible form as a magazine, andthrough its wide distribution, challenges the limits of the contemporaryart ecomy.
- Author BiographyMaurizio Cattelan has exhibited internationally in leading internationalinstitutions and has participated numerous times in the Venice Biennale.He curated the 4th Berlin Biennale together with Massimiliano Gioniand Ali Subotnick. In the meantime, he managed to promote No soul forsale - A Festival of Independents that took place in the Turbine Hall of theTate Modern in 2010 along with giving birth to art magazines such asPermanent Food and Charley. Since retiring from art, after the acclaimedretrospective at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City, he totallycommitted himself to the new publishing project, Toiletpaper magazine.Pierpaolo Ferrari is a fashion and advertising photographer and creativeresearcher. In 2007 he began a productive contribution with L'UomoVogue that offered him the chance to explore the portrait's potentialand radically change its codes. In 2009, the metamorphosis is completedthanks to sharing his new publishing obsession with Maurizio Cattelan:Toiletpaper magazine. When he's not shooting, he can be found surfingin Costa Rica.
- Author(s)Maurizio Cattelan,Pierpaolo Ferrari
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- Series TitleToiletpaper Magazine
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- First Published2014
- Content Note20 images
- Weight240 g
- Width225 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine5 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.