All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1912, from Ronda, Spain, the great Czech poet Rainer Maria Rilke wrote about the lasting impact Toledo, Spain, had made on him the previous month. He was fascinated by the city and the work of El Greco. This book presents Rilke s lyrical impressions alongside fantastic illustrations by Eva Vasquez, who spent a year in the streets and squares of Toledo shaping her vision of the city into images. Two different, complementary perspectives of Toledo come together to encourage the discovery or rediscovery of the wonderful Imperial City.
- Author BiographyRainer Maria Rilke was a Czech poet who contributed to German literature and who dedicated hundreds of poems in French to the canton of Valais in Switzerland. His best-known works include the poetry collections Duino Elegies and Sonnets to Orpheus, the semiautobiographical novel The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge, and the posthumously published collection Letters to a Young Poet. Eva Vazquez is an illustrator, an animator, and a cartoonist. Her illustrations have appeared in magazines and newspapers such as El Pais, the New York Times, and the Washington Post. She is the illustrator of the books Cuando me alcances, Lucio, Luz y niebla, Oscuro bosque oscuro, and Un pintor de Alejandria.
- Author(s)Rainer Maria Rilke
- PublisherNordica Libros
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleIlustrados
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNordica Libros
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width168 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.