All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTom Danielson's Core Advantage offers cyclists a core strengthening programme to make every bike ride faster and painfree. This comprehensive approach shows the 50 essential core workout routines that will build strength and endurance in the key core muscles for cycling - gym membership required. For years, professional cyclist Tom Danielson battled back pain that hurt his race performance and made riding his bike painful. Personal trainer Allison Westfahl cured Danielson's back problems with a core training programme that has become Danielson's secret weapon for climbing and time trialing. Rather than focusing on leg strength alone, Danielson's total-body strength routine boosts his performance, helps him recover from injuries, and gives him an edge in the peloton. Tom Danielson's Core Advantage shares three core strength plans so any cyclist can enjoy faster, longer rides. Beginner, intermediate, and advanced training plans will help bike racers, century riders, and weekend warriors to stabilise the upper body, improving cycling efficiency and reducing the fatigue that can cause back and neck pain. Cyclists will use their own body weight during exercises for the lower back, hips, abs, chest, and shoulders to build strength in these critical areas. Danielson models each exercise in clear photographs. Diagrams of key muscle and bone structures explain the goals of each workout. Riding a bike takes more than leg strength. Now Tom Danielson's Core Advantage lays out the core strengthening routines that enable longer, faster rides.
- Author BiographyTom Danielson is a professional cyclist with Team Garmin-Barracuda. He began his pro road cycling career riding for Team Mercury and then Team Saturn. In 2004 Danielson signed on with the Italian squad Fassa Bortolo and then Discovery in 2005 when he won the Tour de Georgia. While riding for Discovery, Danielson won a stage of the Vuelta a Espana. Allison Westfahl is a certified personal trainer and founder of The Athletic Edge, a fitness consulting company based in Boulder, Colorado. She holds an MS in Exercise Science and is a certified USA Triathlon coach. Westfahl has worked as a personal trainer to amateur and youth athletes as well as elite cyclists Tom Danielson, Ryder Hesjedal, Timmy Duggan, Blake Caldwell, and Mike Friedman.
- Author(s)Allison Westfahl,Tom Danielson
- Date of Publication28/01/2013
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations & photographs throughout
- Weight413 g
- Width178 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byPatrick Dempsey
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.11Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.