All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 1936. Charles 'Lucky' Lucia is the most powerful gangster in America, Mob overlord and bootlegger millionaire. Thomas E. Dewey is an ambitious young prosecutor determined to bring him down, and Cokey Flo Brown - grifter, heroin addict and sometime prostitute - is the witness who claims she can do it. Only a wily defence attorney named George Morton Levy stands between Lucky and a life behind bars, and between Dewey and the New York Goverr's mansion. As the Roaring Twenties give way to the austere reality of the Great Depression, four lives, each on its own incandescent trajectory, intersect in a New York courtroom. The events of this seminal Mob trial will introduce America to the violent and darkly glamorous world of organised crime, and leave its culture, laws and politics for ever changed.
- Author BiographyC. Joseph Greaves is a former L.A. trial lawyer now living in Colorado. His first novel, Hard Twisted, was a finalist for the Oklahoma Book Award in Fiction and was named Best Historical Novel in the SouthWest Writers' International Writing Contest, in which Greaves was also honoured with the grand prize Storyteller Award. Writing as Chuck Greaves, he is a Shamus Award-finalist for his Jack MacTaggart series of legal/detective mysteries.
- Author(s)C. Joseph Greaves
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date02/12/2015
- Weight666 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementExport/Airside
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.