All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionBest kwn for his career-spanning series <i> Great American Nude</i>, featuring female figures in intensely saturated interiors, Pop artist Tom Wesselmann (1931-2004) used collage, assemblage and shaped canvases to usher in a new vocabulary of painting. The works in this catalogue highlight a number of techniques that Wesselmann pioneered and are largely t to be found among his Pop contemporaries. In an interior still life from 1964, Wesselmann incorporates a fan and a clock into the canvas, pushing the boundaries of collage and assemblage. Collages from the 1960s feature cutouts from advertising billboards.Also included are Wesselmann's steel-cut works, molded plastic paintings and his iconic shaped canvases. A large-scale painting installation is featured, underscoring Wesselmann's highly invative approach in bringing the medium into three dimensions. From his <i> Great American Nude</i> of 1961 to his final <i>Sunset Nude</i> of 2004, the full breadth of Wesselmann's accomplishment is represented.
- PublisherMitchell-Innes & Nash
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMitchell-Innes & Nash
- Weight907 g
- Width260 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.