Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $6.87+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionTommy Atkins is the English soldier, who joking broke the cavalry of France at Minden, who singing marched with the Great Duke to the Danube, who grumbling shattered Napoleon's dreams at Waterloo, who sweating in his red coat tramped back and forth across Indis, who kept his six-rounds-to-the-minute at Mons, and who died in the mud at Passchendaele, the sands of the Western Desert, and the jungles of Burma. If his name has been eclipsed by his more illustrious commanders - Cromwell, Marlborough, Moore, Wolfe, Wellington, Allenby, Slim - they at least will accord him his rightful place beside them. They knew his worth. Tommy Atkins is his story - the story of this versatile, most adaptable, most unmilitary soldier.
- Author BiographyJohn Laffin (1922-2000) was an Australian military historian. In 1940 he enlisted in the 2nd Australian Imperial Force. After the war he wrote several books and novels. He travelled the Western Front extensively to research his work and wrote widely on the First World War.
- Author(s)John Laffin
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Weight270 g
- Width120 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.