All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionTone: it's the concept that gear-obsessed guitarists discuss more than any other, and the Tone Manual is the first book to take this hallowed concept seriously. In the course of breaking down the individual components of the electric guitar rig, the book both examines the ingredients in any given piece of equipment that contribute to superior or inferior sound, and offers tips to improving and making the most of the gear you've already got - all with reference to quotations from name artists and manufacturers. In addition, the Tone Manual discusses the evolution of the guitarist's concept of 'good tone'. It provides an extensive guide to recorded examples of playing generally considered to be 'tonally superior', citing examples from the early days of electric jazz, blues, country and rock and roll; from the classic rock, blues rock, and heavy rock heyday of the late 1960s and early '70s; and from myriad contemporary artists. Throughout the Tone Manual , a series of more than 30 'Tone Tips' will offer quick, digestible, practical info bites to help readers improve their sound or to better understand their equipment. The Tone Manual also includes a cover-mounted CD.
- Author BiographyDave Hunter is a musician, writer and editor. He has contributed to numerous publications and TV and radio documentaries, and is a leading reviewer of guitar amplification. His best selling books include the Interactive Fender Bible, Guitar Rigs, The Guitar Amp Handbook, Guitar Effects, Play Acoustic and the Totally Interactive Guitar Bible.
- Author(s)Dave Hunter
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Content Note2 Colour throughout with Illustrations and Diagrams
- Weight694 g
- Width203 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.