Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents 14 experimental studies of lexical tone and intonation in a wide variety of languages. Six papers deal with the discriminability or the function of intonation contours and lexical tones in specific languages, as established on the basis of listener responses, as well as with brain activation patterns resulting from the perception of tonal and intonational stimuli. The remaining eight papers report on detailed phonetic findings on a variety of tonal phemena in a number of languages, including declination in tone languages, final lowering, consonant-tone interactions and pitch target alignment.
- Author BiographyCarlos Gussenhoven, Radbout University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands; Tomas Riad, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication23/10/2007
- Series TitlePhonology and Phonetics [PP]
- Series Part/Volume Number12-2
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight749 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byCarlos Gussenhoven,Tomas Riad
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.