Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionToni Morrison features a collection of ten new essays by ted Morrison scholars, including recipients of the Toni Morrison Society Book Award. Focusing upon Morrison's most recently published vels (Paradise, Love, A Mercy) the contributors to this volume revisit issues that continue to engage Morrison and are part of the currency of contemporary American literary and cultural history. These selections examine Morrison's ongoing romance with African Americans as they continue to battle the demons of race, gender, class, and poverty, to name a few. Together, these essays offer comprehensive and nuanced discussions of Morrison's latest vels and provide new directions for Morrison scholarship in the 21st century. This volume provides students of literature, cultural studies, and history with an overview of Morrison's examination of African American progress and leadership at key moments in American history and culture from the Colonial Period to the present. Through their thematic interconnectedness, the essays reveal Morrison at her most brilliant in her ability to reach into the past to comment on contemporary issues.
- Author BiographyLucille P. Fultz is Associate Professor Emerita in English at Rice University, Houston, Texas, USA. She is the author of Toni Morrison: Playing with Difference (2003) and the co-editor of Double Stitch: Black Women Write about Mothers and Daughters (1991). She is the 2005 recipient of the Toni Morrison Society Book Award.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBloomsbury Studies in Contemporary North American Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLucille P. Fultz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.